Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Things Marley gets into...

How many of you are familiar with the Book written by John Grogan titled "Marley & Me"?

My husband & I often comment we are living this book with our dog Marley. One difference is our dog is a female, however, this does not matter to her. It seems like, when you're back is turned, she knows it and will do some awful things. Being home with her all day myself, get to fish things out of her throat, such as; gravel, twistie ties from bread bags, fabric scraps, tin foil, kids little toys, and that's if I catch her in the act. One of these days, she'll most likely require surgery of some sort to fish all this stuff out of her stomach.

She just loves tagging along to the barn at chore time, it would seem she loves eating (well this is being as modest as I can) droppings. Marley does not discriminate, she loves it all, rather it comes from the kitties, chickens, or horses it's one of her favorite things. I ask hubby, "please don't take Marley out there, she just wants to eat maure, but he loves having her there for company. I'm not sure I'd enjoy her company, knowing she is scarfing down such dirty things, Yuk!

Marley, loves to lay on the ottoman, she listens for her daddy to arrive home each evening. With every passing car Marley pops up into a sitting position, so she can peer out the window to see if that's him. She adores him so...

All day, while everyone is away at school and work, Marley is at my heels, especially, when I'm in the refridgerator. I wish I could have my space back in the kitchen, I cannot recall, how many times I've nearly tripped over her. If I'm standing at the sink doing dishes, she's laying right behind me, If I'm at the stove, she's right there, laundry's just the same, I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see what she does when we are away from the house....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mel Marley is so cute! She is lucky that she found her way to you and your family. She has really came out of her protective shell since she allowed your family to get close to her. If the weather is better tomorrow I need to return library books and I have to remember to look for this book. I've been meaning to for some time now but seems like everytime I get there I'm preoccupied with finding books on farm critters, baking, and crafts and it slips my mind. Love Ya Cuz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vickie, Welcome to our diary of our dpg Marley. Stop in again to see what mischief Marley may have gotten into next...

    Mel

    ReplyDelete